Tails and Switches
The natural full tail has many advantages.
• The most natural looking tail as the weight is distributed down the bone. Not all the weight is at the end of the bone.
• The weight of the extension varies depending on the event you are doing. A heavy tail is used for western pleasure and hunt seat classes, lighter tails are used for reining and jumping, cutting and barrel horses.
• These extensions will attach to most horse tails, so long as there is hair on the dock.
• The best horse tail extensions for chewed off tails or some bone loss.
• Gives a very natural look, there is no separation.
• The only extention for weanlings or yearlings, longe line or halter.
These are small inserts that can be used to fill out a tail.Also available in any color or length. Call for your custom order.
This style is made with 2 to 4 hair strings.
This extension is very easy to apply. Just make a 10 inch braid at the bottom of your horse's tail. Feed the braid through the hole in the switch, snug the switch up to the bone, knot the braid twice, then put two elastic bands around the existing knots and you are all done.
• Very easy to apply.
• Minimizes movement as the switch is not hanging by hair strings.
• No strings to break so a very secure extension.
This style is made with a braided hair loop end.
Switch Style 4
Wefted (wrap around) tail extension.
A flat-back natural full tail - this is not a switch.
Full tails can be left natural on the bottom, or can be banged (blunt).
Close up of the full tail grommet end. This is the best style of tail for a "chewed off" tail or a tail has had some bone loss.
All Orders are customized
to fit your needs.